Becoming a Member of BMOS
Becoming a ‘Member’ of Bunbury Men of Song is quite straight forward. We invite you to join us for at least three rehearsals, including meeting our Musical Director Ian Mills, and allowing him to listen to your voice. If after three rehearsals you wish to join, you simply complete the application form, pay your fees and the request goes to our monthly committee meeting.
$50.00 – music bond, to cover loss or damage of music
$309.00 – per year which includes the supply of all music, access to rehearsal tracks. All Members are required to wear the BMOS Uniform which is available with authorisation from the Committee, supplied from our sponsors Bon Marche in Bunbury.
BMOS subsidises the initial purchase of uniform. (Bon Marche provides our uniforms to BMOS at a discount rate) Members own costs are about $275.00. Members need to supply their own black dress shoes and belt.
You can register your interest by completing the Membership Enquiry Form below:
BMOS Boys aims to foster excellence in singing within an enjoyable and educational setting. We believe that strengthening this art form to provide a forum for men and boys to sing together will help to encourage their participation in music, foster a sense of team work and accomplishment, and in doing so strengthen our community. It will also be of benefit to the boys by rounding out their cultural education and providing links with mature mentors.
BMOS Boys operates out of school hours and is open to any school aged boy from the Greater Bunbury area. The director of this choir is Mr Ian Mills, who also directs Bunbury Men of Song. Members will be selected through an audition process. As well as being keen and talented singers, members are expected to display dedication and commitment for the duration of their membership.
BMOS Boys rehearse on Tuesday afternoons from 4pm to 5pm at St Augustine’s Uniting Church, 119 Mangles Street Bunbury.
To apply for an audition, please complete the form below.
Please note: A $20, non-refundable audition fee applies which must be deposited into the Bunbury Men of Song Boys account prior to audition.
- Once we receive your application and application fee, we will contact you with your audition time and date.
- Be prepared for your audition. You will be asked to sing “Advance Australia Fair” unaccompanied. We also ask that you sing a song of your choice – please bring sheet music only (no pre-recorded music). A small number of aural tests will also apply.
- Please bring your most recent School Report (not Portfolios)
- Other than in exceptional circumstances, members are expected to attend all rehearsals and performances.
- Our annual fee is $200 for one family member and $375 for two family members.
- A Bond of $50 to cover music and uniform will be required upon acceptance. No boy will be excluded from the choir if they love singing, meet the audition requirements and are otherwise only restricted from participating by their lack of family finance. A payment plan can be put into place.
- $ 20.00
Please deposit your $20 application fee to the following account using the singer’s name as a reference:
- Account Name: Bunbury Men of Song
- Account Number: 224154
- BSB: 036-122